This blog has moved to: www.studio-paars.nl

February 16, 2014

* A pretty floral sleeve for my new reader


I'm moving my blog; the new location of this post is: Studio Paars - A pretty floral sleeve for my new reader

Mijn blog verhuist; de nieuwe locatie van deze post is: Studio Paars - Een kleurig hoesje voor mijn nieuwe e-reader

======================================================

So I had a birthday last month... I can't even begin to tell you how much I don't like my own birthday, and it gets worse every year. It's not the age thing: I don't really care about that part. It's more a matter of expectations for me I guess.
But ANYWAY..... I bought myself an e-reader with the money I received. I had been thinking of getting one for a while because I hoped it would get me to read more, and actually it worked just like I hoped it would. I just chuck it in my bag whenever I go anywhere and read whenever I have to wait anywhere. (I read 3 books in the first 4 days I had it!)

Ik was jarig vorige maand... Ik heb echt een hele, hele erge hekel aan mijn verjaardag, en elk jaar wordt het weer ietsje erger. Het is niet de leeftijd: dat boeit me echt niet. Het is meer iets van verwachtingen ofzo.
Maar HOE DAN OOK... ik heb een e-reader gekocht van mijn verjaardagsgeld. Ik wilde er al een tijdje één hebben omdat ik hoopte dat ik dan weer meer zou gaan lezen, en dat is ook precies wat er gebeurde. Ik gooi hem in mijn tas en lees lekker overal waar ik ook maar even moet wachten. (in de eerste 4 dagen dat ik 'm had las ik al 3 boeken uit!)



sleeve for e-reader
sleeve for e-reader, a photo by Studio Paars on Flickr.


But it needed a sleeve to protect it from all the junk I carry around in my bag. So I made one from a piece of this vintage curtain I thrifted some years ago. I love the flower pattern, but since it's a weird synthetic fabric, not stretchy but a little too think for quilts and such. I haven't used it yet (someday I want to make a bag out of the rest of it). I lined it with a pink polkadot cotton and padded it with fleece batting (?).

Maar ik moest een sleeve hebben om 'm te beschermen tegen alle zooi in m'n tas, dus maakte ik er één van een stuk vintage gordijn dat ik ooit op een rommelmarkt kocht. Ik vind het bloemenpatroon geweldig, maar het is een beetje vreemde stof: nogal dik, synthetisch en niet echt geschikt voor patchwork ofzo (ik wil ooit de rest gebruiken om er een tas van te maken). De voering is een roze polkadot katoentje en ertussen zit volumevlies.



sleeve
sleeve, a photo by Studio Paars on Flickr.

I considered writing a tutorial, but then I found this one here on this blog, which is exactly the same as mine (apart from her using a thick fleece fabric for the lining instead of padding). And it's really detailed too so if you want to make your own, just have a look at her blog.

I like seeing it. It really cheers up the iside of my bag ;)

Ik was nog van plan om een tutorial te schrijven, maar toen vond ik deze hier op dit blog en die is precies hetzelfde (alleen gebruikt zij in plaats van volumevlies een dikke fleece stof voor de voering). En hij is super duidelijk geschreven dus als je er ook één wilt maken, kijk dan even op haar blog.

Ik vind 'm leuk. Hij fleurt echt de binnenkant van mijn tas op :)


27 comments:

  1. I love this fabric sleeve! And the fabric you selected is perfect. Please stop by and share at our link it or lump it party!

    http://www.delineateyourdwelling.com/2014/02/link-it-or-lump-it-party-number-twenty.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really smart, so much more personal than the standard covers they sell for e-readers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks very cute! :) Thanks for linking up to our Bag Brag Tuesday linking party! :)
    http://blog.chriswdesigns.com/linking-parties/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous cover!! I must say I love the fabric, 'tis so cheery and bright!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray on reading more! And I love the vintage fabric! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! Lovely fabric! Would love to have you visit me sometime :)
    Have a fabulous week!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday and what a beautiful cover! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty and nice, I love the fabric you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such cute fabric! Yay for more reading too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know, my hubby feels the exact same way about his birthday. An eReader is a great present to yourself though- the gift of relaxation and imagination! I love your sleeve- simple and cute!

    I'm so glad you shared at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darling sleeve! Fabric is sooo pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what an adorable sewing craft. Thanks for linking up to Friday frenzy this week Can't wait to see what you bring along again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Zo leuk, is goed beschermd, nu!
    Tof dat je de linkjes naar links erbij zette... Dat kan je maandag ook weer doen op ikblogjijblogt!
    Groetjes Sofie

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute little sleeve. A bag made in that fabric would look fabulous. Glad you're enjoying your e-reader. I wouldn't be without mine xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks everyone for the encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that fabric! And belated happy birthday x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful fabric, I bet it looks gorgeous in your bag.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so cute, I love all the colors of the fabric! Thank you for sharing it with us at Sewlicious Home Decor! :)

    Marti

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Audrey, I featured your case at Worthwhile Wednesdays!
    ~Allie @ http://thecraftiestallie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy belated birthday (I know you said you don't like your birthday, but I have to wish you one, it's my "thing"). Your reader sleeve is delightfully retro. Thanks for sharing at Inspire Us Thursday on Organized 31.

    ReplyDelete
  21. love it, and the combo with the polka dots is perfect! thanks for sharing on craft schooling Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. A beautiful cover for your e-reader!!! That fabric would make a lovely bag.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Audrey, I love this! Such great fabric! Thank you so much for sharing. You are one of the features today at the Anything Blue Friday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to this week's party. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2014/08/anything-blue-friday-week-67.html Hope to see you again at the little blue soiree! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete